Twisting the SONY HX5 around virtually, I think I can confirm that the top part from the lens ring can come off.
So much for my guess work, as Tom Hoots confirmed, the protrusion is not a button, does not move and does nothing
2. I have not seen any mentioning of color, sharpness etc. settings
There aren´t any.
The only thing you can do is Unsharp masking in Playback Retouch
Sharpens the image within a chosen frame.
1 Select the area (frame) of the desired image to retouch with the control button MENU.
2 [OK] t z
• Depending on the image, sufficient correction may not be applied and the image quality may deteriorate
3. The party shot seems not compatible with the SONY HX5V, the connector I see on the bottom of the SONY WX1 and SONY TX1 is different to the one from the SONY HX5 and they both have no HDMI output.
4. The silver or so color looks different on every website. The German SONY website indicates a champagne color but shows a silver picture from the HX5V (see screen capture above). Sony Japan offers black or gold but shows silver camera.
It is silver
5. SONY, I want the 360 degree panorama head clip-on from the Bloggie MHS-PM5K for the HX5 pretty please. Look at this and this and tell me that is not amazing. Who ever was in a 360 degree cinema like in Disney World knows how breathtaking the experience is, and now with a less than $200 video camera, multi monitor software and a few cheap projectors you can have that at home ... WOW.